Career Technical Education Pathway
The Career and College Promise Career Technical Education Pathway leads to a certificate or diploma aligned with a high school Career Cluster.
To be eligible for enrollment, a high school student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school junior or senior;
- Have a weighted GPA of 3.0 on high school courses or have the recommendation of the high school principal or his/her designee; and
- Meet the prerequisites for the career pathway.
High school counselors should consider students’ PLAN scores in making pathway recommendations.
College Career Technical Education courses may be used to provide partial or full fulfillment of a four-unit career cluster. Where possible, students should be granted articulated credit based on the local or state North Carolina High School to Community College articulation agreement.
To maintain eligibility for continued enrollment, a student must
- Continue to make progress toward high school graduation, and
- Maintain a 2.0 in college coursework after completing two courses.
- A student who falls below a 2.0 GPA after completing two college courses will be subject to the college’s policy for satisfactory academic progress.
- A student must enroll in one program of study and may not substitute courses in one program for courses in another. The student may change his or her program of study major with approval of the high school principal or his/her designee and the college’s chief student development administrator.
- A student may concurrently enroll in two CET programs of study provided the exception has been approved by the college’s Chief Academic Officer or his/her designee.
Career Technical Courses
Accounting, Certificate C25100 H1
Accounting Tax Preparation, Certificate C2510 0 H2
Architectural Technology, Certificate C40100 H1
Aviation Management, Certificate C60180 H2
Basic Electronics, Certificate C40200 H1
Business Administration - Human Resources Management, Certificate C25120H1
Business Administration - Sales, Certificate C25120H2
Business Administration - Small Business, Certificate C25120H3
Business Administration Core, Certificate C25120H4
Career Pilot, Certificate C60180 H2
Criminal Justice Foundations, Certificate C55180 H1
Culinary Arts, Certificate C55150 H1
Cyber Crime and Digital Forensics, Certificate C55210H1
Early Childhood Education, Certificate C55220 H1
Emergency Management, Certificate C55460 H1
Fire Protection Technology, Certificate C55240 H1
Geomatics Technology, Certificate C40420 H1
Information Technology - C++ Programming, Certificate C25590H3
Information Technology - Cisco Network Administration C25590H9
Information Technology - Healthcare Informatics, Certificate C25590H2
Information Technology - Internet Marketing & Social Media, Certificate 25590H7
Information Technology - Information Technology, Certificate C25590H1
Information Technology - IT Systems Support, Certificate C25590H8
Information Technology - JAVA Programming, Certificate C25590H4
Information Technology - Mobile Device Development, Certificate C25590H5
Information Technology - Web Development, Certificate C25590H6
Manufacturing Technology Apprenticeship, Certificate C50320H1
Mechatronics Engineering, Certificate C40350 H1
Medical Office Administration, Certificate C25310 H1
Office Administration Receptionist, Certificate C25370 H1
Supply Chain Management, Certificate C25610 H1
Turfgrass Management Technology, Certificate C15420 H1
Welding Technology, Certificate C50420 H1
Welding Technology in Manufacturing, Certificate | C 50 42 0 H2
Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology Diploma D35100H1
Computer Integrated Machining, Diploma D50210 H1
Welding Technology, Diploma D50420 H1