Advising & Career Center
is the process whereby faculty coaches and student success professionals and students work together to attain student educational and life goals.
The Admissions and Recruitment Office is the place to start your enrollment process.
If you are interested in non-credit courses, please visit our Continuing Education page.
The purpose of the GTCC Campus Police is to provide a safe environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors to learn and work.
- CAMPUS POLICE
- Annual Security Report/Clery (PDF)
- All Hazards Emergency Response Plan(PDF)
- Campus Building Access Procedures
- Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act
- College Closing Procedure
- Crime Stoppers
- Emergency & Safety
- E2Campus Sign Up
- Evacuation Assembly Areas & Emergency Phone
- Daily Crimes Log
- General Information
- Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Policy
Counseling & Disability Services
The Counseling Center provides individual and personal counseling services for current and prospective students of GTCC.
The purpose of disAbility Access Services (DAS) is to facilitate equal access and provide comprehensive, quality services to students with documented disabilities who experience barriers to programs and activities.
- Contact Counseling Center
- Counseling FAQs
- Counseling Helpful Resources
- Counseling | Serving Students At A Distance
- Counseling Workshops
College Transfer is a unique opportunity for curriculum students to be exposed to various colleges and universities throughout the school year. The college transfer liaison works closely with four-year schools to partner with students to help them facilitate the college transfer process and allow them to explore their educational options.
Current Registration Information
Fall 2015 Registration
New students must sign up and attend a SOAR (Student Orientation Advising and Registration) session; They will be advised and registered at the SOAR session.
International Students(F-1 Visa ONLY)
The International Student Office at GTCC offers a variety of services and activities for international students on an F-1 Visa. The office is located on the Jamestown Campus, but serves all campus locations
New Student Orientation is required for all students (on-campus and online) who are:
- Attending college for the first time
- Attending GTCC for the first time, but have previous college experience
- Returning to GTCC after an absence of more than two years
New Student Orientation is not required for students who:
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Are enrolled at GTCC as Special Credit students (taking courses but not completing a program at GTCC)
Every new student must complete Pre-Orientation
- Orientation Schedule
- Academic Preparedness
The Records Office manages the academic records of the college and responds to general college inquiries for customers of the Enrollment Services Counter and the Call Center. Your success is our goal.
- Records| Contact – Locations & Schedule
- Records FAQs
- Records | Services
- Greater Greensboro Consortium
- Add/Drop Procedure
- Forgiveness of Grades
- Records | Serving Students At A Distance
- Grade Assignment and GPA
Scholarships are considered gift aid or free money. However, it is still a type of financial aid and must be reported to the Financial Aid Office. That isn’t a bad thing as the Financial Aid Office will adjust your other awards, the ones you have to pay back, to make room for this free money.
Guilford Technical Community College desires to resolve student grievances, complaints, and concerns in a timely, fair, and amicable manner.
The Assessment Center provides testing and proctoring services for the college and surrounding communities. We maintain and adhere to all standards set forth by the National College Testing Association.
- ASSESSMENT | TESTING CENTER
- Locations & Hours of Operation
- Placement Testing
- Course Testing
- The College Level Examination (CLEP®)
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS®)
- Correspondence Testing
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE®)
- Praxis Practice Exams
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Testing Fees
- Just for Faculty
- Testing Center | Serving Students At A Distance