The Rights and Privileges of Clinical Education Faculty
- Clinical education faculty members receive North Carolina continuing competency points when they serve as clinical instructors for GTCC PTA students.
- Clinical education faculty members have full and complete access to the Learning Resources Center (Library) at Guilford Technical Community College.
- Clinical education faculty members have full and complete access to the Physical Therapist Assistant Program’s computer lab.
- Clinical education faculty may participate in any of the professional development activities offered by Guilford Technical Community College.
- Clinical education faculty members are invited to go through the American Physical Therapy Association’s Clinical Instructor and Credentialing Program. The PTA program at GTCC will sponsor clinical education faculty to participate in the credentialing program on a limited basis.
- Clinical education faculty are invited to attend any of the academic classes in the PTA program at GTCC, including classes taught by guest lecturers such as:
- Guest lecture and demonstration of neurological seating for clients with TBI, CVA, & SCI by a wheelchair representative
- Guest lecture and demonstration of rehab of people with amputations and prosthetics
- Guest lecture on SCI, TBI, and Stroke
- Guest lecture for pediatrics
7. Clinical education faculty are invited to attend any of the following field trips:
- Field trip to the anatomy lab of the physical therapy department at Elon University (overview of upper extremity, lower extremity, and trunk musculoskeletal system on human cadavers)
- Field trip to Pulmonary & Cardiac Rehabilitation at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Field trip to BioTech Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Field trip to University of North Carolina Hospital’s Burn Center in Chapel Hill
- Field trip to observe aquatic therapy at the Shannon Grey Rehabilitation and Recovery Center
8. Clinical education faculty are invited to request the Program Director or the Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education to do an inservice for your department on topics related to physical therapist assistant education, such as how to use the Clinical Performance Instrument or the role of the Physical Therapist Assistant.
9. Clinical education faculty are invited to be a part of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program Advisory Committee which meets two times a year for the purpose of advising the PTA faculty in regard to training and educating the PTA students.
10. Clinical education faculty members are invited to attend and participate in the monthly PTA faculty meetings as well as the college’s Faculty Association.