Associate Degree Nursing Program Outcomes
Upon completion of the Associate Degree Nursing Program, the graduate will upon licensure:
- Integrate knowledge of the holistic needs of the individual to provide an individual centered assessment.
- Practice professional nursing behaviors incorporating personal responsibility and accountability for continued competence.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with individuals, significant support person(s), and members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Develop a teaching plan for individuals, and/or the nursing team, incorporating teaching and learning principles.
- Manage health care for the individual using cost effective nursing strategies, quality improvement processes, and current technologies.
- Incorporate informatics to formulate evidence-based clinical judgments and management decisions.
- Implement caring interventions incorporating documented best practices for individuals in diverse settings.
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary healthcare team to advocate for positive individual and organizational outcomes.
This program is approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing, P.O. Box 2129, Raleigh, NC 27602 (919)-782-3211, www.ncbon.com.